……who made the Rhythms of the World residential and Tinto Africa concert such a huge success.
This is the kind of event we have dreamed of hosting at Wiston Lodge since Tinto Music and Arts was incorporated back in the summer of this year 2014.
We had a wonderful series of drumming workshops led by our very own Paul John Dear of Rhythmbridge connecting a wide variety of learner levels and to create some very hot grooves. The place was bouncing all weekend.
The Saturday concert was everything we could have hoped for with World Class Music and Dance on offer.
To All Our Artists:
- Paul John Dear for your wonderful teaching and for organising and then holding the space
- Johhny ‘Jali Rusholme‘ Hodgkinson for your beautiful Kora playing. Beggae.
- Simon Wood for a mesmerising performance on the Hang. We were blown away.
- Kajamor Family for the Casamance vibes. It was magical.
- The drummers of Ayawara and their dancers, Ashanti Harris and Romany Dear for bringing the evening to a close with a fabulous display of traditional Malinke Rhythm and Song.
Lastly but never ever leastly YOU….Yep you…all of the wonderful participants who made this possible.
Without you there is nothing. We feel Blessed.
Oh and one final thing….there is going to be a lot more of this. We promise. Please subscribe to our blog to keep in touch and like us at Facebook and/or follow us a Twitter.
Love and Light
Tinto Music and Arts