Tinto Music and Arts is delighted to present a Music Medicine Professional Development Retreat for 2020 with Paul John Dear and Christine Stevens.
This retreat will, as always, be hosted at the foot of Tinto Hill, in the beautiful Wiston Lodge in South Lanarkshire, Scotland, over the long weekend Thurs May 21st – Sunday May 24th 2020.
Please note that if you wish to stay at the venue prior to or post training you must be arrange at your own cost with Wiston Lodge directly.
Early Bird @ £400 pp payable by Mar 1st 2020(10 spaces available)
Full Price @ £450 pp payable by April 21st 2020
Registration Form at the bottom of this page. Places limited to 30 max. Please READ FULLY before filling in.
Here’s a wee Taster of what you might experience.
We will guide you through rhythm – medicine for the body; song – medicine for the heart; harmony – medicine for the soul; and silence – medicine for the mind. These practices we offer from science and spiritual traditions to increase energy, joy, and bring the power of music into your life. Let your soul sing!
Combining ancient indigenous wisdom with modern science, Christine has designed a professional training retreat that empowers you deeply and holistically through the path of music medicine. Paul has been training with Christine for a number of years now and is in his final stage of qualification to Train this program.
Whether you want to use Music Medicine for you personal growth or to infuse it into your career, this training will transform your life.
What You’ll Experience
Connect to your inner music and the music of the earth
– Identify the four elements of music medicine and the practical application in wellness for mind, body, spirit and soul
– Release judgements limiting you from creating music
– Embrace sound more deeply for self-care. Identify the music area most missing in your life to reduce and prevent burn-out.
– Listen more deeply to yourself, others, and nature.
– Free your voice and find your inner rhythm
– Experience nature through a mini vision quest, deepening your relationship to the earth’s music
LEAD AND EMPOWER OTHERS:
Learn how to lead, facilitate, and serve others with music medicine
– Learn a protocol to lead musical experiences for community building, wellness, and uplifting consciousness.
– Learn specific rhythms for life, spirit, and the world to use in your programs with groups and individuals.
– Break out into smaller groups to practice leading and following
Meet like-hearted individuals serving with music
– Meet other educators, therapists, coaches, and musicians who are bringing music into the world to uplift humanity and orchestrate change
– Join a global community of Music Medicine Practitioners with similar intentions of applying music to uplift humanity from Scotland to Japan to the USA
***specifically for counsellors, therapists, educators, and coaches***
1. Identify the four elements of music medicine and the practical application in wellness for mind, body, spirit and soul
2. Demonstrate ability to lead a wellness music protocol using all elements of music for community building, health and wellness.
3. Identify the music area most missing in your life to reduce and prevent burn out.
4. Learn specific rhythms for life, spirit, and the world to use in your programs with groups and individuals.
Also Included in Workshop Tuition:
– Access to global community page
– Follow up group call 2 weeks post training
– Dedicated Sound Cloud page with weekend recordings
What to Bring
– Instruments are provided. Bring an acoustic instrument you love to play; Native American flute, guitar, drums, hand percussion, etc.
Program Schedule (subject to change):Download PDF version here
Christine Stevens is the founder of UpBeat Drum Circles. She has led drum circles internationally with Fortune 500 Companies, healing at Ground Zero and Hurricane Katrina, and led the first drum circle training in northern Iraq for conflict resolution and peace building. She is the author of the Healing Drum Kit and Music Medicine.
Paul John Dear is the founder of Rhythmbridge. He has facilitated drum circles and taught drum classes all across the globe for the last 20 years. He is now the Village Music Circles Trainer for the UK and Ireland ( along with his co-trainer Dr Jane Bentley). Paul is the creator of Expressive Rhythm Stories for children and trains teachers across the world.
Paul will complete his training with Christine during this program and will continue to walk this Medicine path with her as his guide and Mentor.
“Music can provide the support we need in life’s challenging moments, and more importantly, music can become part of our daily routine for spirituality and health.”
-Joan Borysenko, PhD, author, Inner Peace for Busy People, Your Soul’s Compass
Music Medicine, the Science and Spirit of Healing through Sound, (Sounds True) $16.95
Featuring a free online playlist (www.soundstrue.com/musicmedicine) with more than 50 audio tracks and over 40 guided practices, Music Medicine shows you the science and spirit of using the four elements of music (rhythm, melody, harmony, and silence) for mind, body, heart, and soul. Foreward by Joan Borysenko, PhD.
Early Bird @ £400 pp payable by Mar 1st 2020 (10 spaces available)
Full Price @ £450 pp payable by April 21st 2020
( includes all training, food and accommodation)
Retreat places are limited to 30 persons.
Please complete the booking form below. Banking details will be forwarded by email upon completion.