This will be hosted over the long weekend Thurs May 23rd – Sunday May 26th 2019 @ Wiston Lodge, South Lanarkshire, Scotland.(Getting to the Lodge: Travel details)
Registration details can be found at the foot of the page. Please read all the information presented here before you Register.
Join internationally acclaimed author and music therapist Christine Stevens MSW, MT-BC and Music Medicine Trainer Paul John Dear to experience sound for healing, spirituality and health. We will guide you through rhythm – medicine for the body; song – medicine for the heart; harmony – medicine for the soul; and silence – medicine for the mind. These practices we offer from science and spiritual traditions to increase energy, joy, and bring the power of music into your life. Let your soul sing!
Combining ancient indigenous wisdom with modern science, Christine has designed a professional training retreat that empowers you deeply and holistically through the path of music medicine.
Whether you want to use Music Medicine for you personal growth or to infuse it into your career, this training will transform your life.
What You’ll Experience
Connect to your inner music and the music of the earth
– Identify the four elements of music medicine and the practical application in wellness for mind, body, spirit and soul
– Release judgements limiting you from creating music
– Embrace sound more deeply for self-care. Identify the music area most missing in your life to reduce and prevent burn-out.
– Listen more deeply to yourself, others, and nature.
– Free your voice and find your inner rhythm
– Experience nature through a mini vision quest, deepening your relationship to the earth’s music
LEAD AND EMPOWER OTHERS:
Learn how to lead, facilitate, and serve others with music medicine
– Learn a protocol to lead musical experiences for community building, wellness, and uplifting consciousness.
– Learn specific rhythms for life, spirit, and the world to use in your programs with groups and individuals.
– Break out into smaller groups to practice leading and following
Meet like-hearted individuals serving with music
– Meet other educators, therapists, coaches, and musicians who are bringing music into the world to uplift humanity and orchestrate change
– Join a global community of Music Medicine Practitioners with similar intentions of applying music to uplift humanity from Scotland to Japan to the USA
***specifically for counselors, therapists, educators, and coaches***
1. Identify the four elements of music medicine and the practical application in wellness for mind, body, spirit and soul
2. Demonstrate ability to lead a wellness music protocol using all elements of music for community building, health and wellness.
3. Identify the music area most missing in your life to reduce and prevent burn out.
4. Learn specific rhythms for life, spirit, and the world to use in your programs with groups and individuals.
Also Included in Workshop Tution:
– Training Manual
– Access to global community page
– Follow up group call 2 weeks post training
– Dedicated Sound Cloud page with weekend recordings
What to Bring
– Instruments are provided. Bring an acoustic instrument you love to play; Native American flute, guitar, drums, hand percussion, etc.
Program Schedule:Download PDF version here
Christine Stevens is the founder of UpBeat Drum Circles. She has led drum circles internationally with Fortune 500 Companies, healing at Ground Zero and Hurricane Katrina, and led the first drum circle training in northern Iraq for conflict resolution and peace building. She is the author of the Healing Drum Kit and Music Medicine.
Paul John Dear is the founder of Rhythmbridge. He has facilitated drum circles all across the globe for the last 20 years and he is now the Village Music Circles Trainer for the UK and Ireland ( along with his co-trainer Dr Jane Bentley). Paul recently completed his training with Christine and is honoured to be co-facilitating this retreat.
“Music can provide the support we need in life’s challenging moments, and more importantly, music can become part of our daily routine for spirituality and health.”
-Joan Borysenko, PhD, author, Inner Peace for Busy People, Your Soul’s Compass
Music Medicine, the Science and Spirit of Healing through Sound, (Sounds True) $16.95
Featuring a free online playlist (www.soundstrue.com/musicmedicine) with more than 50 audio tracks and over 40 guided practices, Music Medicine shows you the science and spirit of using the four elements of music (rhythm, melody, harmony, and silence) for mind, body, heart, and soul. Foreward by Joan Borysenko, PhD.
£450 payable in full by May 1st 2019 ( includes all training, food and accommodation)
Note: 10 Early Bird Tickets available @ £400 if registered and paid by Mar 31st 2019
Retreat places are limited to 25 persons.
Please complete the booking form below. Banking details will be forwarded by email upon completion.